Volunteering · Donating Items to the Collection
Become a member
The Museum of Printing History is a nonprofit organization that relies on a variety of funding sources for its activities. The combined generosity of the Trustees, Museum Members, and visitors, as well as that of corporate, foundation, government, and individual donors, sustains the Museum's programs and activities. This support enables the Museum of Printing History to share its collection and programs with thousands of visitors from around the world each year.
Join Museum of Printing History or Renew Your Membership Today!
Join or Renew by Phone
Call 713-522-4652 to join or renew using a major credit card.
Join or Renew by Mail or Fax
Print out our Membership Form (PDF), fill it in, and fax to 713-522-5694. You may also mail the form with a check to:Museum of Printing History
1324 West Clay
Houston, TX 77019
Join or Renew Online
To join online, select a membership level below and then click the Join now button.
Membership Levels and BenefitsIndividual $50 annually (100% tax-deductible)
- Unlimited free admission to the Museum
- All mailings, including invitations to exhibition openings
- 10% discount at the Museum of Printing History Gift Shop
- 10% discount on class tuition
- Free admission to annual Houston Book Fair
- Same as Individual Membership
- Individual benefits for member and immediate family
- All Individual benefits, plus:
- A special, limited edition, printed item produced in one of the Museumís working studios
- Annual acknowledgement on the Museum's website
- All Sponsor benefits, plus:
- Invitations to private Museum functions
- Name plaque on Lobby Donor Wall
- All Patron benefits, plus:
- Private VIP tour of Museum of Printing History for friends and family
- Eligibility to rent the Museum at a reduced rate ($900) for private functions
- All benefits above, plus:
- Private lunch with Executive Director, Curator, and Artist-in-Residence
- All benefits above, plus:
- One personal use of the Museumís facilities for a private party
Additional Categories for Giving
To contribute any amount, click the Donate button. This will take you to the PayPal website.
The Collectorís Group promotes understanding and appreciation of the important historical collections at the Museum of Printing History through providing support for collection development and the preservation of fragile materials. Once a year, members vote for acquisitions to be funded with Collectorís Group membership dues. General Museum membership, at any level, is required. Annual dues for Collectorís Group membership are $250. Members of the Collectorís Group receive: a letterpress printed premium, such as a set of bookplates, notecards, or bookmarks; name plaque on the Lobby Donor Wall; and the satisfaction of knowing their contribution and participation make a real difference.
Harry Benson "Ben Franklin" Memorial Education Fund
A founding member of the Museumís Board of Directors, Harry Benson is affectionately remembered as ďBen FranklinĒ. Often dressed in period costume, Benson visited schools, church groups, and libraries as a way to educate people of all ages about the history of printing. A graduate of University of Houston, Benson held prominent positions in the printing industry, in addition to teaching at University of Houston and area community colleges. He was dedicated to education, and printing history was his passion. Gifts to this fund will help support the Museumís educational programming.
Bader Type Collection Fund
This endowment is based on an initial donation made to the Museum by Rev. Edward A. Bader CSB, in the name of his parents Edward and Anita Bader. Gifts to the Bader Type Collection Fund will help support the Museumís efforts to develop and maintain the significant collection of wood and metal type. The Museum has begun a major project in the summer of 2009, called the Type Initiative, to catalog and preserve this impressive type collection.
Corporations may join as members at the $2500 level. Please contact Amanda Stevenson at 713-522-4652, ext. 202 for more information about Corporate Membership.
- Acknowledgement in the Museum's publications and on the website.
- A one-time use of the Museum theater for a private event.
- 10 Individual Memberships for employees.
Nonprofit and Community Organizational Membership
Membership is available to non-profit organizations whose purpose relates to the mission and purpose of the Museum, or which serves our neighbors who reside in the immediate geographic area of the Museum. Annual Dues for Organization Membership is $400 for twelve months. Please contact Amanda Stevenson at 713-522-4652, ext. 202 for more information
- Individual membership in the Museum for the President of the organization.
- Use of the Museumís meeting facilities, including a 65 seat theater, between 5 p.m. Ė 9 p.m. for membership meetings up to twelve times a year, for a fee of $50/meeting.
- Use of the Museumís audio visual equipment, for meetings held at the Museum, when available.
The Museum of Printing History offers volunteer opportunities in several areas of responsibility, such as grant writing, education & outreach, graphic design, and collections management. While these positions are unpaid, interns and volunteers will receive valuable experience in a Museum setting.
Donating Items to the Collection
The Museum's collection continues to grow, both in quality and importance because of generous donors who want to preserve their valuable artifacts and make them available for others to enjoy. If you have an object that you are considering donating, please contact Keelin Burrows, Curator, 713-522-4652, ext. 207